EERE Consumer Information
“THIS PROGRAM IS SUPPORTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY UNDER AWARD # EE0006998” REBATES ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS
March 6, 2017 – September 30, 2017
Solar Water Heaters
OG-100 Collector – 120 Gallons or less (MUST BE SRCC CERTIFIED)
40% off purchase price
(Maximum rebate $2,500)
OG-300 System – 120 Gallons or less (MUST BE SRCC CERTIFIED)
40% off purchase price
(Maximum rebate $2,500)
*** VIEO APPROVED VENDORS ONLY ***
** Maximum 2 per household per program cycle **
– Energy-efficient Windows (Any amount – not to exceed $2,500) Low-E Awning, Hopper, Sliding, Fixed, Double-hung, and Casement Types
-LED Bulbs (Maximum 20 Residential & 50 Commercial)
Eligible items must be purchased from a USVI business!
** Maximum 2 items per household per program cycle not to exceed $2,500 **
ENERGY EFFICIENCY & RENEWABLE ENERGY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
- NAME ON THE APPLICATION AND SALE RECEIPT MUST BE THE SAME.
- Fill in all information including the questionnaire (print or type).
- Sign and date the form. Keep a copy for your records.
- Make certain that the vendor completes and signs his/her portion.
- Submit completed application and W-9 Form with the ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT to the Virgin Islands Energy Office.
- PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM RULES AND REGULATIONS: PHOTOCOPIES OF SALES RECEIPTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Rebate applications MUST be submitted to the VIEO within 30 CALENDAR DAYS of purchase – NO EXCEPTION!
- Highlighted areas MUST be filled out. Incomplete applications will be returned without being processed.
- Applications not accompanied by an original sale receipt and signed W-9 form will be returned to sender without being processed.
- REBATES ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS. THEREFORE, THIS PROGRAM MAY BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME.
- Eligible items (products) MUST be purchased from a business in the United States Virgin Islands.
- REBATES ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR GOVERNMENT PURCHASES OR BUSINESS/ENTITIES WITH ENERGY CONSUMPTION OF 2500 kWh OR MORE.
- Number of items per household per program cycle is limited to the amount shown on rebate list.
- This rebate offer applies only to legal residents of the U. S. Virgin Islands (to claim residency, applicant MUST be domiciled in the Territory). The V.I. Energy Office reserves the right to request proof of residency, i.e., V.I. Income Tax documents and/or USVI government issued identification.
- The VIEO reserves the right to inspect items to ensure that they are installed at the address listed on the rebate application. Non-compliance will result in repayment of rebate funds by applicant and/or prosecution for fraud.
- The VIEO reserves the right to add, delete or change program rules at our discretion. Modification to the rebate application is not allowable.IMPORTANT NOTE: ELIGIBLE ITEM(S) MUST BE INSTALLED AND OPERATIONAL WITHIN ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY DAYS (120) OF PURCHASE DATE. REBATES WILL ONLY BE ISSUED ON OPERATIONAL SRCC-RATED SOLAR WATER HEATER SYSTEMS VERIFIED BY VIEO.
- Contact the V.I. Energy Office at (340) 713-8436, extension 3603, if you have any questions.
“THIS PROGRAM IS SUPPORTED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY UNDER AWARD # EE0006998”
REBATES ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS
The Virgin Islands Energy Office (VIEO) was created in 1974 by Executive Order, and operates under the Office of the Governor. The VIEO offices are located at No. 41 Estate Mars Hill, Frederiksted, St. Croix and 4605 Tutu Park Mall, St. Thomas.
The State Energy Program (SEP) Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Financial Assistance (Rebate) Program’s goal is to provide financial incentives to residents for the purchase of SELECT energy efficiency and renewable energy products. Specifically, rebates will be provided for the following ENERGY STAR products: LED lamps, gas dryers, windows, doors, ceiling fans, dehumidifiers, gas tankless water heaters, and OG-100 and OG-300 solar thermal systems.
The program will afford residents the opportunity to purchase ENERGY STAR products and solar hot water heaters to reduce fossil fuel dependency. The program benefits will contribute both financially and environmentally to meet established goals as follow:
- Provide financial incentive(s)/rebate for the purchase and installation of energy upgrades
- Afford residents the opportunity to make energy conserving upgrades
- Afford residents the opportunity to experience energy cost savings
- Help reduce the Territory’s carbon footprint
- Comply with the Territory’s goal of reducing fossil fuel dependency of 60% by 2025
- Comply with Act 7075
- Meet the goals of State Energy Program for market development and transformation and a green environment
The VIEO will conduct consumer and vendor survey(s) and document number of jobs created and retained, number and size of solar water heater systems purchased and installed. The results of the survey(s) will be used to evaluate the effectiveness and public’s awareness of the program and report information mandated by the terms and conditions of the grant award.
PROGRAM RULES AND REGULATIONS
- REBATES ARE SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS; THEREFORE, THE PROGRAM MAY BE TERMINATED AT ANY TIME.
- Rebates offer apply to residents of United States Virgin Islands as stipulated by Act 7075. The VIEO reserves the right to request proof of residency i.e., Income Tax Documents and/or USVI government issued identification. Rebate items MUST BE INSTALLED and utilized in the Territory before rebate check is issued.
- All applicants must complete IRS Form W-9 and submit with application. Rebate applications must be obtained from VIEO and participating vendors only.
- VIEO reserve the right to share payment (rebate) information with the Virgin Islands Internal Revenue Bureau (VIIRB).
- Incomplete and illegible rebate applications will not be processed.
- Applications not accompanied by original sales receipt will not be processed.
- All Eligible rebate items MUST be purchased in the United States Virgin Islands.
- Valid product identification for solar water heater systems including brand name, model number, serial number, and SRCC RATING MUST be listed on the application and visible on the system to be eligible for rebate.
- Applicants are eligible for two purchases per household per program cycle.
- The VIEO reserves the right to inspect purchased rebate items to ensure that they are installed at the address listed on the rebate application.
- Failure to install rebated item(s) at the address listed on the rebate application will result in disqualification and repayment of the rebate amount in full. Additionally, applications will be considered fraudulent. Submission of a false claim involving Federal funds is considered a violation under the False Claims Act and will be reported to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) and/or the appropriate legal entity.
- Solar water heater systems MUST BE SRCC rated OG-300 and OG-100 collectors with solar hot water tanks up to 120 gallons. All components must be new and unused. Minimum 10-year warranty on collectors and 6-year warranty on tanks is required on all systems.
- The VIEO reserves the right to add, delete, or change program rules at its discretion.
- Modification to the rebate application is not allowable.
- Non-compliance with any of the program rules and regulations will result in debarment for participating businesses, return of rebate funds by consumers, and/or legal action.
All participating businesses are required to:
- Submit completed VIEO vendor information per the Vendor Information package.
- Attend initial VIEO Rebate Program meeting.
- *Vendors are not permitted to use the VIEO logo for advertising purposes. Vendors can however, make mention that the product(s) is/are eligible for rebate via the VIEO Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Financial Assistance (Rebate) Program.
- Assist customers in completing the rebate application; complete and sign “Vendor” portion of the form.
- Provide rebate customers a numbered receipt indicating item(s) purchased has been “Paid in Full”.
- Vendor must provide customer with a copy of all warranty information and operational manuals for all components/entire system.
- Vendors are welcome to participate in VIEO select public outreach activities to promote eligible rebate items, i.e. Energy Action Month activities.
- Maintain strict compliance with all program rules and regulations; failure to do so will result in debarment from VIEO program(s).