The Virgin Islands Energy Office (VIEO) Human Resources matters are managed by the Administrative Specialist who is responsible for the implementation and administration of policies, procedures, and programs related to all phases of Human Resources for the Agency. This includes, but is not limited to, compensation, employment/recruitment, benefits, training, employee relations and ensuring the safety of the workplace.
VIEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, disability or veteran status. Employment is contingent upon the applicant providing proof of citizenship or legal authorization to work in the United States. Proof of citizenship is required upon employment offer.
VIEO offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Membership to the Government Employees Retirement System (GERS)
- Participation in the Government of the Virgin Islands’ Group Health Insurance Program (Medical, Dental, Life, Supplement Life, Dependent Life, Vision and Prescription/Pharmacy Insurance coverage and the Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid Vacation (based on hours accrued)
- Paid Sick Leave (based on hours accrued)
- Paid Federal and Local Holidays
- Paid Bereavement Leave for qualifying family member
- Professional Development training
None at this time.
Applications will only be accepted when a VACANT position is posted.
To apply for a vacant position, please download the GVI-Online-Employment-Application. When completing the application, please print with ink or use a typewriter. Each question must be fully and accurately answered. Incomplete, illegible or unsigned applications will not be considered. Original application and your supporting credentials should be submitted to our St. Thomas or St. Croix offices.
Questions regarding career opportunities or submission of application packages should be directed to:
Ms. Tess Berg, Administrative Specialist, 4605 Tutu Park Mall – Suite#231, St. Thomas, VI 00802
phone 340.713.8436 ext. 4310 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view job description(s) and the employment applications. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here to download a free version.